Storm Lineage2 Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Storm Lineage2 Network

Seting new limits among l2 private servers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gap between new and old players

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mclovin

Gap between new and old players Empty
PostSubject: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep - 8:44:55

Just started here, and all i see is a bunch of ppl with Wings that give amazing stats and gold armor running around..

The server says that epic armor is what most new players are using.. well im new... and STILL TRYING to earn epic which is just low level armor for this sort of server... If u ask me, you need to just start ppl off with that instead of the "newb" armor sets that are just the first thing u get when u start a new character.

All the armor is great and all... but the gap between players that have been here and are just starting is CRAZY!!

The even where there is NO safe zone unless u type .safe is retarded from my point of view... even if i "Try" to type .safe i get killed... so why dont u make .safe a blessed escape!?

With all the custom equipment and such, there are a lot of bugs on the server which makes me believe that it was done out of pure love of customization, but not balance. I have seen posts that every class is balanced... but thats just not correct. When it comes to earning your equipment, there are a few choices. Im suprised nobody has posted the things that are wrong, but odds are... nobody that is new the server actually uses the site........

and i know im right about that last part.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin

PostSubject: Re: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep - 8:47:30

edit- the event* where there is no safe zone..
Back to top Go down
NARUTO-Undertaker
Elder
Elder
NARUTO-Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep - 12:22:26

I`m dissagree with u a lill bit.
Yep there is some dissbalance, there is some bugs and etc. But not more than the other Private servers.
And... U can gain Epic in few hours of farm! I`m workin on "Newbie Guide" right now to make newcomers be more informed of custom stuff on server! So u should just follow it.
I tested last time the whole proccess from the begginin. It takes me 2 dayz to obtain all Crystal Stuff and start quest for Dragon!
Back to top Go down
wizzi
Storm Administrator
Storm Administrator
wizzi

PostSubject: Re: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep - 15:47:06

the gap is there.. but so are the areas.. which means you dont have to get killed and you do have time for farming(a week, maybe 2 to top grade items for normal geeks ^^)
i agree on the .safe command.. it has to be around 3-5 seconds.. and as fare as class balance goes.. this is a mage server, i think theres no doubts about it (excluding dagger maybe..), but i also think retail pvp is more about fighters(again exceptions are here... but mainly im right), so this is kinda interesting.. also there are topics where you can see what problems current pvp has..
anyway im working on a new server project, that should really bring out pvp.. and if there will be interest for no custom sa mid rate.. well make sure needs will be satisfied ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.StormL2.tk
Mclovin

PostSubject: Re: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep - 18:35:58

Yea, i should have said that its mostly a mage server... I've tried to see what would be the fastest way to get better gear, while still trying to learn all the little aspects of your server. Its like learning a new game, which is fun.. but the problem is finding out everything by trial and error.

I look at the gatekeeper and the drop lists that are explained for the "new" areas, and there are only 2 areas for new players to farm. both of them have hard mobs right off the start. I have a mage and a destroyer.. i found the destroyer to be faster for collecting both gbs and epic coins.

I tried a dagger.. but you die too quickly with newbie armor on and archer doesnt have a vampiric hp regain, so there is no point in doing that either.

heroic miracle helps, but then the one thing i need now is gbs, and im using them up 20 at a time for 1 buff...

thats just what im conflicted with atm
Back to top Go down
NARUTO-Undertaker
Elder
Elder
NARUTO-Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep - 7:38:33

Belive me man, i know this server better then anyone else, excludin wizzi offc Gap between new and old players 991733 I can say for sure there is alwayz way to struggle! This server doesnt belong to mages. Yep, they are tough, yep, all they need is to flash 24/7 and they can defeat almost anyone. But if u ask any mage on server what is the main problem? Their answer will be "Silence".... Gap between new and old players 344987 So what prevent u to gain dagger with silence SA? No metter which Newbie Infinity, Epic, Crystal, Dragon... and make any fighter class u like. 1st use dagger then weap u prefer lol!
Next thing... It seems to me that the only problem for newcomers is lack of information. I`m workin now on big newbie guide that will reveal almost all parts of the game. I dont have much time now, but w8 a lill bit and i hope u`ll be informed well.
This server is not pure PVP, i can say it`s more midllerate, cause u gotta farm a lot to get to the top, but it`s ENIQUE!!!!!!!!!!! I can say for sure u`ll not find such awesome and crazy server!
Back to top Go down
Mclovin
Vagabond
Vagabond

PostSubject: Re: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep - 5:51:20

I finally registered a name so i dont have to be a guest. I've been moving around on servers since late c3, since i was on retail before that period.

I can most likely find my own way to gain everything.. i just dont have the time to play as much as i used to.. Thats the main reason i started this thread.. i wanted to see how ppl could relate.

Im usually active on most forums for the servers i play and i like to see if the ppl are polite, nice, down to earth... that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin
Vagabond
Vagabond

PostSubject: Re: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep - 5:54:13

You guys have been great, so thx for that. Ill be checking back.

its nice to put my sig up somewhere once again.. =]
Back to top Go down
NARUTO-Undertaker
Elder
Elder
NARUTO-Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep - 10:47:25

Welcome to our lill comuity!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gap between new and old players   Gap between new and old players Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gap between new and old players
Page 1 of 1